Sunday, November 8, 2009

Team Ryder: Kidney Walk ‘09

KidneyWalk 014

Today was the day of the Kidney Walk…and what a wonderful day it was!  We had the most perfect weather, in the perfect location, and were surrounded by a great group of people.  I really couldn’t have asked for any more than that.  Thousands of people gathered and we all walked 3 miles together for the same cause.  It’s pretty neat how you can be surrounded by strangers, but still feel a connection with them, just knowing that their lives have somehow, someway been affected the same way yours has. 

KidneyWalk 003KidneyWalk 002KidneyWalk 033   KidneyWalk 025KidneyWalk 029 KidneyWalk 024  KidneyWalk 026  KidneyWalk 032KidneyWalk 031

Team Ryder raised a total of $1,850 for The National Kidney Foundation!  I felt so blessed that so many of you donated and/or came out to support us by walking!  I say this all the time, but we really are so lucky to have such a huge support system, and it felt great to be able to pass that on to an organization that has now become near and dear to our hearts!  We look forward to supporting the NKF for years to come.1108091424Team Ryder – That’s How I Roll”

KidneyWalk 016 Proud Parents!KidneyWalk 005KidneyWalk 017

Team Spirit! 

KidneyWalk 008KidneyWalk 010KidneyWalk 013

I don’t know why God put Ryder’s kidney situation into our lives.  What I do know is that He has used that situation to introduce us to some amazing people and circumstances that we otherwise never would have crossed paths with.  So for that, I am thankful. 

 KidneyWalk 046KidneyWalk 040 KidneyWalk 049I also realized tonight, while laying on the floor being silly, taking pictures of ourselves with “Ryder’s Mom” written on my face that I wear that title proud…I am definitely his #1 Fan.    

And boy do we LOVE those kidneys!!!

kidney collage

2 comments:

  1. Aww what you wrote is so sweet :) We had so much fun today-so happy we were a part of it!! You can definetly count us 'in' from here on out!! love you guys & WE LOVE THOSE KIDNEY'S TOO ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew and I had a great time too! We love you guys SOO much.. and I could just eat ryder up with a spoon! :) XOXO always.. Kris

    ReplyDelete